Thursday, March 12, 2015

Motivation to write is important



Motivation to write is important

There are times when the mind is simply blank and I do not know what to post in my coming blogs. I know a lot of current issues are going on, example the on-going saga of Integrax Berhad between the offeror Tenaga Nasional Berhad and Encik Amin Halim Rasip, the co-founder of Integrax Berhad.

As I have been at least maintaining two postings per month since the mid of 2013 (occasionally three times per month), I would still like to maintain that current rate if possible.

But as I mentioned, sometimes the mind is just not there or the motivation or mood to come out with something to write. It is this period where you hope a stroke of magic will come to the mind by someone or somewhere or somehow.

That stroke of magic came during last week when I bumped into a old friend whom I have not seen for several months. I have known him for many years and one of the topics we used to shared with each other is about investment in Bursa Malaysia.

We used to exchange our stocks purchases from time to time. When I was beginning to post my blog in the middle of 2013, I shared with him my posting. Initially he was puzzled that someone simple like me could turn out to be a stock blogger and wasn't sure if it was really me.

Then one evening, before my blog was going to be posted on that late night, I let him know of what my contents would be before posting. It is then that my old friend finally believed in me as a stock blogger.

Back to this old friend which I bumped into him last week, he congratulated me of my early good investment in Integrax. As my last few postings were mainly about Integrax, it made me realised that there are still actually friends who are regular readers of my postings and some of them have actually went on bravely to buy some of the shares I shared.

Well, this made me feel appreciated and motivated. Nevertheless, I have always emphasised that nothing is free in the investment world and for every decision one makes, one is ultimately responsible for his own actions.

I must admit that as I am just a human being, I do have feeling of up and down especially when the shares I shared with go down knowing that some of my friends and followers have bought into it. I do not feel nice about it at all. Luckily most of my friends and followers are matured enough to know that stocks going up and down are an acceptable norm whether the views are expressively shared by bloggers like me.

Buying during crisis provides
greater margin of safety

Readers would still remember that I bought into three different stocks, namely Thong Guan Industries Berhad, Supermax Corporation Berhad and Century Logistics Holdings Berhad during the  near peak selling times when oil prices continued to plunge.

Since then, market have recovered substantially and most "normal" or "average" stocks are no longer trading near its 52-week lows.

These three stocks recently released their results which were expected to be normal results except the surprising loss by Thong Guan. Nevertheless, all these three stocks are still trading above my buying prices. This goes to prove a point that buying stocks periodically during crisis stands a good chance of buying near their lows and provide a huge safety margin for investors because market will always eventually goes back to its pre-normal level.

Settling for second best

A recent official statement released by Tenaga Nasional Berhad regarding its plan to take over Integrax Berhad provided an inkling of clue that finally Tenaga is settling for a controlling stake at best.

Its President/Chief Executive Officer Datuk Seri Ir. Azman Mohd said Tenaga is optimistic of acquiring a controlling stake in Integrax with its offer pegged at RM3.25 per share.

Knowing that the little 'David" Encik Amin Halim Rasip, the co-founder of Integrax would not be selling his over his stakes, Tenaga at best hopes to win a controlling stake by buying shares from all other minorities shareholders.

Although Perak Corp Bhd looks likely to sell their stakes to Tenaga, is it still enough for Tenaga? There is no guarantee that Tenaga will end up with a controlling stakes as other minorities groups are very silently about this even up at this point.

Besides, Amin has been aggressively buying Integrax shares from the open market from time to time to increase his stakes.

This on-going tussle for taking over Integrax only serves to remind investors the important of Integrax as a valuable asset to invest.

At the moment, minorities who invested before Tenaga's initial offer of RM2.75 in January 2015 are surely sitting pretty good based on the current price of Integrax.

But comes March 31, whether Tenaga ends up with a controlling stake or not, we will get the chance to witness how Integrax share prices would be by then.

History of profiting from
stocks in port business

Since learning to invest since 1993, I have the opportunity to invest  in ports stocks, namely Bintulu Port Holdings Berhad, NCB Holdings Berhad, Johore Port (privatised at RM2.50) and have so far came out winners with profits.

I acquired 1,000 shares of Bintulu Port and Johore Port immediately after the bombing of the World Trade Centre in 2001 at respective price of RM1.68 and RM1.02.

When Bintulu crept up to RM3.20, I sold it off and witnessed the stock continued to climb north with fabulous dividends along the years until the current share price of RM7.20!

Johore Port was privatised (forcefully, shall I say?) at RM2.50 years later.

As for NCB, you can read it back from my previous blogs.

And now comes Integrax Bhd, another stock in port business. Ironically, this time it is rather big business for me because for every ten sen rise in Integrax shares, it means an additional paper profit of RM1,800 for me.

Now you know how many shares I hold in Integrax.

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kassim,
    What do u think of suria?
    Another port share trading at undemanding valuation?
    The JQ project with sbc is omost a sure profit for suria.
    Will it b ur next lucky port share?

    ReplyDelete