Sunday, July 12, 2015

Winning the major ones more



Winning the
major ones more

In our endless journey of our daily lives, we experience obstacles along the way. Some obstacles are more serious such as life threatening illness which sometimes even spending vast amount of money would also be a futile exercise. Apart from these, we may experience others kind of problems which wiht some money can help to solve.

Of course, we may also have some good luck along the way such as getting an unexpected windfall, promotion or even winning something good in a lucky draw contest.

Your truly experienced both these years. My one year old car had two brushes twice against other cars which caused slight dent and needed to be sent to the workshop for repair. Both incidents were as a result of loss of concentration at that critical times and the vehicle was driven by me. Both times, I must admit I were on the wrong end. Mind you, I am a very careful driver although after these two incidents, not many would be buying my story of being a careful driver.

Then early this year, I damaged my zoom lense while taking action pictures of a football match. I was so engrossed with the actions going on that I zoomed in and out in a fast pace (later I learned that we should only zoom in and out slowly as not to damage the motor inside) that my motor of the zoom lense was damaged.

Then I left it at home for nearly two months before deciding to bring it to the camera shop and see if it could be repaired. I had thought that the warranty period was for a year and it was almost two years from the initial date of purchase.

Imagine to my horror when the camera assistant told me that the warranty period was for two years and I was just late to send in for free repair by ... just three days!

Why did I let the damage zoom lense idled in my home for nearly two months before deciding to send it to the camera shop for repair?

Why did I lost concentration twice at that critical moments and brushed my car against other cars?

I am still trying to find out the answers ....

Nevertheless I shall call it unexpected self-inflicted problems of our daily lives. The good thing is all these can be solved using money. In the case of the damaged zoom lense, I decided to buy another new one after being told that the repair cost was running into several hundreds of ringgit.

Well, while I am experiencing these minor obstacles, I am rather lucky this year when it comes to investing in Bursa Malaysia. Readers would have recalled one of my spot-on stock, Integrax Berhad was taken private by Tenaga Nasional Berhad two months back at a revised offer price of RM3.25.

Integrax closed at RM2.28 on Dec 31, 2014. So the offer price of RM3.25 meant for year 2015, I am richer by RM17,460.00 as confirmed by the successful privatization exercise. (RM2.28 x 18,000 shares on Dec 31 was RM41,040.00. RM3.25 x 18,000 shares two months ago was RM58,500.00).

Another stock Y.S.P. Southeast Asia Holdings (YSPSah) which closed at RM1.30 on Dec 31, 2014 is currently trading around the RM2.60 plus minus level. This also meant yours truly is sitting on an additional paper profit of RM13,000.00 compared to end 2014. If I were to sell off YSP Sah at current price, I would be realising a total profit of RM30,000.00 plus. (Total of Integrax and YSP Sah).

These "windfall" money actually allowed me to pay for the repair of my car twice and the purchase of a new zoom lense with plenty of spare loose change. In fact, it can even cover my "small" few thousand paper lost in Focus Lumber at the moment.

I am most truly grateful that apart from maintaining my health (which is the main priority), I am also able to win this major ones from Bursa Malaysia while suffering some minor losses along the way.

As I shared with my spouse occasionally, we win some, we lose some. But it is always very important to win the major ones which will be more than enough to offset the minor ones that we lose.

Win some, lose some. But more important is to win the major ones more! It matters hugely!

Lily Khan on July 5, 2015 posted :

For spinal pain, the curing treatment is expensive. Can anyone use back brace?

Lily,

Seriously, I think back brace is more of giving support, balance and alignment to the back of the body. Naturally it helps a lot.

Whereas Elgucare is more of a herb supplement that goes into the body to help the blood vessels to improve blood circulation, restring the fibro-elastic potential of vertebral cartilages and improving immune system.

Imagine someone with a back pain problem can use back brace and at the same time consume supplement herb like Egulcare regularly. I would have to think that the back pain would be eased tremendously over the time.

Perhaps it would be advisable to consult a doctor first before using back brace because there are several types of them. I am sure you would want to use the RIGHT type.



Before I sign off, let me take this wonderful opportunity to wish all Muslims friends Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri! We Malaysians are simply blessed to be able to share our festive season celebrations happily together for so many decades!










No comments:

Post a Comment