Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Accidental Blogger



The Accidental Blogger


For the past ten days, my mind was actually blank of what to write or comment or share any views for my coming blog. There were so many happenings events going on yet I could not pick one up, does a bit of studies and research and bingo! Write a blog about it from my angle or point of view.

I think this is a common problem for many amateur bloggers because there are no definite dateline or pressure to finish an article and have it posted online or published in the newspapers.

I did noticed that many regular stocks bloggers suddenly disappeared from the scene at times and left us wondering what has happened to them.

Perhaps the motivation was not there or the ideas could not be conceived into an interesting story. Strangely, I have been rather lucky to be able to come out with at least two blogs per month since the inception of Kassim's Thoughts first maiden blog on July 21, 2013 entitled : One Good "Seng" Of Bursa Malaysia.

I did not initially wanted to start out like this. If some of you might remember, prior to this, I was "promoting" certain stocks with few  interesting sentences on the famous website : Stocksunleashed's chit chat column. At that time, I was using the name Kassim.

But then after some times, I was shocked when someone else started to promote their stocks using my Kassim name as well! I did not know whether to feel flattered or not at that time. It irked me actually that I posted back with some not very pleasant to hear comment.

It also prompted me to rethink if there is another way someone else would no longer be able to use my name to post comment. This thought conceived eventually into a blogspot name Kassim's Thoughts.

So in a way, I should also be grateful to those who used my names to promote their stocks. If not for them, most probably, I would not have realised I actually posses  a simple flair of writing and with some good points to share too.

In a nutshell, we can safely say I am the accidental blogger! I do hope to be able to continue to share useful comments and thoughts for the next few years. Matter of fact is if the Retirement Aged has not been revised to 60, I would be retiring in 10 months time!

Yes, this give you readers an ideas how "young" I am! So actually I am in a sweet pot to determine if I wish to continue working to the "maximum" times of four years plus or not.

I have several friends in their early 50s who had taken early retirement package compensation from their companies. They advised me to continue working unless there are tremendous working pressure in my work which will cause me to have health problems.

It is a blessing that my work is rather a relaxing one where I can plan to go for either 9am or 11am shift. Of course I need to go off later if I plan to go for the later shift. Apart from these shift, there are at times plenty of free time to do your sendirian berhad work when there is not work for long periods of time.

I think I should skip this boring part or else most of  you are likely not to read further unless I can "stoke" your interest up again with at least a topic on a certain stock. After all, if not for stock market and shares topics, I bet none of you would be wasting your precious time to open up your smart phone/computer/lab top to read the thoughts of an old man!


Something must be brewing at Tek Seng

As the stock market continues to drift lower and lower by the days recently, one stock has been trending on the opposite direction by the days too.

It is Tek Seng Holding Berhad, a stock I have been commenting numerous times that readers might think I am biased when it comes to stocks with the names "Seng".

Hup Seng Industries Berhad, Keck Seng (M) Berhad and Tek Seng Holdings Berhad are three stocks that have been regularly gracing my blogs from time to time. Incidentally, I have at one time or another owned shares in these three companies.

So during the last two days saw heavy volume accompanied by the rising share price of Tek Seng. It share price touched an all time high of RM1.33 on May, 10, 2016.

Are the chasing pack of investors know something is brewing at Tek Seng
or they sensed that Tek Seng is going to announce an even better 1st Quarter Result? And hence they are buying in heavy volume ahead anticipating the good results will spearhead the share price to rise even further?

Based on my investing instinct, it is the latter which investors/speculators are banking on. A friend on mine with connections in this solar cell business told me that supply had not been able to match demand for several months already.

Whether he is telling the truth or not, when Tek Seng announces its 1st Quarter result (which I believe is anytime now), the earnings will determine  his words. At the moment, I believe in my friend because I have known him for several years playing football together and I know he is the type of person to be trusted.

It has been a great wonderful rewarding experience for yours truly with my initial investment in Tek Seng since 2008. I have been rewarded with several thousands of dividends plus another 7,500 free shares of warrant which traded at RM1.05 on May 11, 2016.

If I am to dispose of my warrants, the entire proceeds is more than enough to cover my initial investment with spare cash as well. As such, my current 15,000 shares of its mother share, Tek Seng are also considered free!

Believe it or not, I seem to be lucky when it comes to "Seng" investment in Bursa Malaysia. Perhaps it is times I should look into other shares with "Seng" names too. Ha ha.



1 comment:

  1. Hap Seng - too late to buy. Went up significantly.

    ReplyDelete